Collect of the Day O Lord, we beseech thee, let thy continual pity cleanse and defend thy Church: and, because she cannot continue in safety without thy succour; preserve her evermore by thy help and goodness; through Jesus Christ thy Son our Lord; who liveth and reigneth with thee, in the unity of the Holy Ghost, ever one God, world without end. R/ Amen.
Lesson Ezekiel 18.25-28 Thus says the Lord: "You say, 'The way of the Lord is not just.' Hear now, O house of Israel: Is my way not just? Is it not your ways that are not just? When a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, he shall die for it; for the iniquity which he has committed he shall die. Again, when a wicked man turns away from the wickedness he has committed and does what is lawful and right, he shall save his life. Because he considered and turned away from all the transgressions which he had committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die."
Epistle Philippians 2.1-11 Brethren: If there is any encouragement in Christ, any incentive of love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from selfishness or conceit, but in humility count others better than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which was in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Gospel Matthew 21.28-32 At that time: Jesus said to the chief priests and elders of the people, "What do you think? A man had two sons; and he went to the first and said, 'Son, go and work in the vineyard today.' And he answered, 'I will not'; but afterward he repented and went. "And he went to the second and said the same; and he answered, 'I go, sir,' but did not go. Which of the two did the will of his father?" They said, "The first." Jesus said to them, "Truly, I say to you, the tax collectors and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you. For John came to you in the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the harlots believed him; and even when you saw it, you did not afterward repent and believe him."
- DAILY MASS: Monday through Thursday, 8AM; First Fridays, 12PM
- WEDNESDAY SCHOOL: Christian Formation for children and adults beginning 4 October; 5.30PM, family supper; 6PM, class. RSVP for supper and register children for Catechesis of the Good Shepherd! Learn more.
- FIRST FRIDAY: Holy Mass this Friday, 12PM, followed by Adoration; Benediction given at 1PM
- OUR LADY OF FATIMA JUBILEE: Friday, 10/13 is the 100th anniversary of the final apparition of Our Lady to the child seers at Fatima and the "Miracle of the Sun." A statue of Our Lady of Fatima will be solemnly exposed for veneration from 11AM, and Mass will said at noon, with the Rosary and other devotions to follow. Learn about the Fatima Jubilee indulgence here.
- KEEP IN TOUCH! Sign up for our weekly newsletter.